The Dragon Ball was first held in 1990, and over the last 23 years it has close to $20 million net for Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care.
As the annual signature gala for Yee Hong, Dragon Ball is recognized as one of the largest Chinese New Year celebrations of its kind in North America. With its preeminence in the Chinese community, Dragon Ball is more than just a fantastic cultural celebration.
Over the years, Dragon Ball has become more dynamic and vivacious with incredible support from the government, corporations, philanthropists and the community.
Dragon Ball at a Glance
- 1,000 + patrons attended and over 70% corporate tables (vs. regular tables).
Past notable attendees:
- Bill Downe, President and CEO of BMO Financial Group
- Ed Clark, President and CEO of TD Bank Group
- Ligang Chen, Council General of the People’s Republic of China in Toronto
- The Honorable David Onley, Lt. Governor of Ontario
- The Honorable Jim Flaherty, Finance Minister
- The Honorable Dalton McGuinty, Premier of Ontario
- Mayor Hazel McCallion of Mississauga
- Mayor Frank Scarpitti of Markham
- Moses Znaimer, CEO of Zoomer Media
- Blake Goldring, President & CEO of AGF Management Ltd.
- Alan MacGibbon, Managing Partner & Chief Executive of Deloitte
- Raymond Chang, Chancellor of Ryerson University
Print -Toronto Star, National Post, Toronto Sun, Sing Tao Daily, Ming Pao Daily, World Journal, Today Commercial News, Global Chinese Press, New Star Times, Asianwave Magazine, Insert Magazine, Fortune Smart, North America Weekly Times, Nikkei Voice, The Scarborough Mirror, One Dish Magazine, Hot Toronto Magazine, Epoch Times, SNAP Toronto, SNAP Scarborough, SNAP Markham, BizBash Magazine
TV -OMNI TV, Citytv, Global TV, New Tang Dynasty TV, WoW TV, Rogers Daytime Toronto
Web -NorStar.com, CCUE.com, Dushi.ca, New News.ca, Classical96.7.com, Steamwhistle.ca, easyca.ca, yorkbbs.ca, Toronto Arts and Events, torcn.com, Yelp.ca, www.CARP.ca, digitaldixie.com, Toronto TV
Radio -Fairchild Radio, Kampong Ku Radio, Classical 96.7FM
- On the night of the Dragon Ball, about 300 volunteers were on duty to manage its operation.
- Average Net Funds Raised since 1998: $1 Million